BRIEF COURSE INFORMATION
The Degree in Audio Production and Music Project Management is delivered in collaboration with our partners Sound Training College. Located at Rory Gallagher Corner and the Temple Bar Music Centre (The Button Factory), the Sound Training College has been setting standards in audio coaching for over 30 years.
Our Audio Production and Music Project Management coaching offers students the unique occasion to improve their ability to perform in the business through industry-based, skillful projects. While working on these real-world projects, students engage in both superior audio production and music project management, greatly broadening employability. These projects are an integral part of Sound Training Productions: a recording and production Institute (led by graduates and students) which offers unrivalled, unique opportunities and links with critical contacts in the music industry.
See soundtraining.com for data of these projects (professional studio releases, running events at the Button Factory, preparing live electronic music shows). This focus on ‘real world’ projects and skillful training is critical to success, paving the way for graduates to lead the music business both nationally and internationally.Aims and Objectives
- Develop learners’ technical knowledge of audio production principles and practice, along with the creative, innovative and business ability to perform required in the audio industries.
- Cultivate learners’ superior technical and creative abilities for audio recording and production.
- Equip students with an understanding of the application of existing and emerging technologies and creative practices within the music business in order to design and deliver creative products and services.
- Develop learners’ interpersonal and soft skills, to enable effective communication with students across technical, creative and business backgrounds.
- Develop learners’ understanding and application of business concepts, project institution and marketing in audio production.
- Develop responsible ability to perform for project planning and institution together with some responsibility for leading and developing others.
- Facilitate the training of applied ability to perform by the learner that are directly complimentary and suitable to both the workplace and in a production setting.
- Identify and improve autonomous training ability to perform for the learner.
- Provide students with the academic ability to perform to engage in experimentation, critical analysis and self-learning.