BRIEF COURSE INFORMATION
For the busy accounting and finance professional, managing the performance of the people they manage is crucial to achieving objectives.
The appraisal sits at the heart of any techniques to performance management. The improvement of viewing the previous year’s performance and of agreeing expectations for the coming period is crucial to the practiced relationships managers upgrade with their staff.
This training shows how investing time in conducting effective appraisals creates a motivated team and saves the manager time in the long term.
Conducting Performance Appraisals enables the learner to:
- Understand what an appraisal is for and why it is important
- Prepare effectively for an appraisal
- Plan and conduct constructive preliminary meetings and appraisal meetings
- Recognise what should and shouldn’t be covered in an appraisal
- Ensure that their spoken and written comments are fair and effective
- Correctly complete any forms associate to the appraisal process
- Learn techniques for handling any difficult situations that arise during appraisal meetings