BRIEF COURSE INFORMATION
The Diploma in Professional Curtain making and Soft Furnishings provides a fantastic introduction to the subject with no previous eligibility necessary. All NDA seminar are studied online and are fully accredited by the British government.Who is this seminar for?
This seminar is ideal for all students who are passionate about soft furnishings and curtain making, even if they contained no previous qualifications. The seminar is equivalent to a British A status and offers successful Diploma students a guaranteed business on to the Bachelor of Arts Interior Design level programme. This seminar is relevant for students that are looking to start their own business, change career, become an interior designer or simply improve their creativity.What will I learn?
- Setting up a Workroom,
- Measuring & Design,
- Construction Techniques for Hand Headed Curtains,
- Fitting and Business Advice.
On conclusion of this seminar students will be able to:
- Start their own curtain making & soft furnishings business
- Start a career in a design practice
- Progress to the Bachelor of Arts degrees; BA (Hons) Interior Design or BA (Hons) Heritage Interior Design.
- Complete a home interior design project as a hobby
- No exams! Your personal tutor will assess your assignments.
- The seminar is delivered through online study that is accessed through our bespoke Virtual Learning Studio (VLS). The VLS allows students to access all seminar materials, contact tutors and share ideas with other NDA students through the online community.
- There are no specific academic requirements, just a keen interest and passion in curtain making and soft furnishings.
- Students are required to contained a great status and knowing of written English.
“I am now in my second entire year of institution with Fast Track Fabrics, I am doing well. I suggest anyone wanting to start out on their own who does not contained a experience in interior design will find training with NDA invaluable. The certification seminar is comprehensive and provides much more than functional sewing skills, including tasters in interior design, colour and textiles, window treatments and working with clients. There is a really informative unit on setting up a workroom and starting a business.” – Pam Faulkner.Career Path
Students who contained successfully completed the MA Interior Design seminar are often considered to be highly exceptional candidates by many interior design practices. Not only will they contained a wealth of knowledge, but will also hold a high academic qualification, which are extremely valuable when pitching to capabilities clients.