BRIEF COURSE INFORMATION
A survey by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (2015) found that 40% of UK employees reported having experienced some form of interpersonal conflict at work in the last year. Most of that conflict is between an employee and his or her line manager. The survey also found that employees are more likely to report that they have experienced conflict with a staff member who is more senior to them.
However, crucially, the ability to recognize conflict, understand the nature of conflict, and to be able to bring swift and just resolution to conflict will serve you well as a leader. On the downside, the inability to do so may well be your downfall.
This definitive Anderson training course builds the business case to effectively manage workplace conflict while also establishing the key process to define a harmonious and inclusive Positive workplace culture via global benchmarks and best practices.
- The Business Case for a Harmonious and inclusive workplace culture
- Costs and Challenges of Workplace Conflict
- The basis for collaborative work relationships is superior communication
- Understanding others%u2019 perceptions and expectations
- Identifying passive, aggressive and assertive behavior
- Creating shared aims and vision via SMART goals
- Identifying personal communication preferences
- Structuring and controlling the conversation
- Resolving Conflict in a Diverse Workforce
- Key Techniques for defusing arguments
- Aspects of Organizational Frameworks %u2013 Policies, Individual and Managerial
- Individual Attitudes/Behaviors
- Managerial Skills and Practices
- Inclusive Mentoring and Coaching
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Manage conflict situations proactively
- Leverage potential conflict situations as opportunities for critical conversations that enhance work relationships
- Identify and explore practical, easy-to-implement strategies to support a more harmonious and balanced workplace
- Develop a positive and inclusive workplace culture
- Develop a sustainable Action plan to ensure continued success